Tuesday, September 7, 2010

BEST Granola EVER!!!

When I first published this granola recipe, I was doing it from memory
(Bad idea)
So here is the really good one. 
I still make it every month or so and my family loves it. 
I've only made two adjustments to it 
and I have to give a HUGE shout-out to Shelley who gave me the original! 

Granola
8 C rolled oats
1 C coconut
1 C wheat germ
1 C nuts
1 C sunflower seeds
1/2 C sesame seeds
1/2 C wheat bran

boil: 
1/2 C oil
1/2 C brown sugar
1/2 C honey
1/2 C water
2 Tbsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients, warm oil, honey, sugar, water and vanilla over low heat then combine with dry ingredients. 
Spread on cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring often. 
Place in airtight container 

My Adjustments:
I add 1/2 to 1 cup of craisins
and 
I increase the oil, sugar, honey and water to 3/4 cup. 



No comments: