Saturday, February 6, 2010

Bragging Rights

Who the heck is this "anything girl" chick and why does she consider herself the expert? Well, let me tell you. Besides, it's a good excuse to write down my personal history! J/k
I started sewing when I was about 10 years old. My grandmother was a 
"professional seamstress" (No Joke!)  
From there, I went to school in interior design, however, I didn't finish before I switched to  
Home Economics Education. 
I taught Jr. High for 5 years during which time I worked closely with every age group from kindergarten through high school. I taught sewing, Teens N Teaching (peer tutoring), cooking, interior design, child development, job skills, resume writing etc... I then married and had two kids  
(way too close together... they're only 15 months apart!

During all this, I've worked at every craft store I could get into. Provo Craft, until they became Robert's Craft (and I worked at 3 of their stores), Zim's and Michaels Arts and Craft. 
I'm still thinking that someday I'll try Hobby Lobby
I got into my own business where I did custom upholstery and home decor

I can sew anything. 

Through all of this, I've learned what I'm good at, and what I'm not so good at. I'm totally a spatial person... as well as a visual learner. I can see it once and then the shapes start moving in my mind and I can rearrange them and figure out how they should fit together. In addition to all this, I'm an open book... I'll tell you ANYTHING! I've done almost every craft out there... from quilling, to crochet, to glass etching, to tole painting and anything else you can come up with. 
If there's a mistake to be made, I've probably made it and I can save you the trouble of making the same one. ... and THAT is why you should listen, to me! 

Please... email me with your questions. 
theanythinggirl@gmail.com


No comments: