Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Blendtec

It's hard to call this a "gotta have it" in the kitchen... because it's $400
However, it still goes on my list and not only that, but it's my #1
If you're the least bit interested in getting more vitamins, eating a little healthier and using one appliance to do it, then this is it.
It's the Blendtec.


Let me just tell you what I use it for on a really regular basis. 

1. Green drink
2. Peanut butter
3. Grind Wheat into flour
4. Grind popcorn kernels into cornmeal
5. Pancakes

It's the coolest thing ever. My husband and I do green drink every morning. It's just spinach, kale, collard greens and then whatever else you want in it, like fruit, water, celery, carrot, banana, flax seed, cracked wheat or yogurt. 
Sounds terrible but can actually taste REALLY good and it's incredibly healthy. 
(You can check out more great green drinks by looking into greensmoothiegirl.com)

Did you know that you can make your own peanut butter? Peanuts can be bought in bulk (like at Sam's Club or Costco) and just dumped in the blender. Keep blending. They have enough oil to just become more and more creamy. Regular peanut butter has like 126 calories per 2 Tbsp serving and this fresh, homemade peanut butter only like 38 calories per 2 Tbsp serving. Amazing! 
(You can add 1-2 tsp of peanut or vegetable oil if you feel the need)
This blender is comparable to the Vitamix that Costco sells but I found it to have slightly higher reviews
I never would have imagined a blender as a gotta-have-it in my kitchen, but this thing has got more horsepower than my car! :) 
It's worth it's weight in gold and I love it!


No comments: