I have a friend that makes an AMAZING
Blackberry Jalapeno Pepper Jelly.
She introduced my husband and I into a world
where crackers, pepper jelly and cream cheese
make quite the combination
and I've never been as thin since then.
(This recipe is not as good as hers but if you've never tasted hers then you're none the wiser!)
It'll do and it's pretty tasty considering...
1 cup blackberries
5 jalapeno peppers
1 green bell pepper
3 cups sugar
3/4 cup cider vinegar
3 ounces liquid pectin
1. Sterilize jars and lids according to manufacturer's instructions
2. Combine blackberries, bell pepper, and jalapeno peppers in food processor and run until pieces are small.
3. Mix pepper mixture in saucepan with sugar and cider vinegar. Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil rapidly for 1 minute.
4. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
5. Stir in the liquid pectin and pour into hot jars.
6. Process 10 minutes.