Thursday, May 6, 2010

Vegetable Lasagna

Here's my confession. I don't follow recipes.
(I don't usually follow sewing patterns either.)

I look at recipes long enough to gather some inspiration...
and then I kind of do whatever works for me. 

My husband says that sometimes it turns out awesome, 
and sometimes it just sort of turn out. 
At any rate, tonight was a huge success!
Vegetable Lasagna
20oz cottage cheese
1 egg
1 lb Italian sausage
1/2 onion, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
16 oz frozen spinach, chopped
1 can tomatoes, diced
1 small zucchini, diced
1 small head broccoli, chopped
2-3 florettes cauliflower, chopped
garlic salt
salt/pepper to taste
Italian seasoning to taste (oregano, sage, rosemary, thyme, basil etc...)
1/2 pkg lasagna noodles
mozzarella cheese - as desired
Mix cottage cheese and egg together in a bowl and set aside.
Brown sausage, then add other ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes.
Boil lasagna noodles and rinse.
Begin with sausage mixture on the bottom of a 9x13 glass cake pan.
Then cover with lasagna noodles, then more sausage mixture,
then cottage cheese mixture, then mozzarella cheese. Continue.
Top with cottage cheese mixture and mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
We loved it! Hope somebody else does as well!

No comments: