Thursday, August 5, 2010

Old to New to the Therapists Office

This blog post is all about my sisters
I have one sister that started with an antique vintage hutch, began sanding it, and then gave up an hour later and spray painted the entire thing. 
I could have died

My other sister is more concerned about doing things "the right way". 
She started with these old nightstands, sanded them down, and painted them up all nice. 
I totally have the "do-it-yourself" fire 
and I thought maybe she'd caught it too.
I asked her if she just felt so proud every time she looked at those nightstands
and if she just felt so proud knowing that she had made them look that way. 
She replied, "No. I just don't care and next time I will buy the dang things!" 
Again, I could have died. 

It just goes to show that there is a place for me in this world 
and what makes me proud isn't necessarily going to do the same for somebody else. 

But they do look good don't they?




No comments: