Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Boys Ties

I want my kid to look good when he's all dressed up... 
but of course, I don't want to pay $15 for a toddler tie! 
So I did a little research. 
There isn't exactly a TON of info on how to do a kids tie so 
I took everything I did find, 
and jammed it all together in my head 
and I think I figured it out. 
Most of the directions I found suggested tying a Double Windsor 
(I can't get it right so the husband gets to be involved with this project) 
from the smaller side, 
trimming the rest off, 
and then creating a neckline that is adjustable.
(Velcro is the key here)
I did that, and then couldn't bear throwing the rest of the tie away. 
I'm working on making the larger end smaller 
and coming up with some kind of a Windsor looking knot
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 







No comments: