Monday, February 8, 2010

Granola

Mornings are not my thing, however, I can't say that's the case for my two toddlers. I need something quick, easy and healthy to give them a good start so that I can get some more sleep thus giving me a good start. (wink, wink) 
So I made some awesome granola today!!!

Granola
4 cups rolled oats (I used instant but I might try regular)
1 cup coconut
1 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup cracked wheat
1 cup dried cranberries (craisins)

Mix dry ingredients together

1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup water
1 tsp vanilla

Warm wet ingredients together on the stove then pour over dry ingredients. Mix

Dry in oven on 350 for about 30 minutes - stirring frequently
Store in airtight container. 

This is a great thing to have for storage!

No comments: